If not, he certainly heard it.
The horn blared at 7:55 a.m. EST during the practice round of the PGA Championship here at The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island, S.C., signaling a stoppage in play. It was evident even earlier that storm clouds were building, and they brought heavy rains with them.
And it appears to be just the beginning, which could make things really interesting this week for golf course superintendent Jeff Stone.
"We had a little cell move through, but we've fared well getting through it," says Stone, 25-year GCSAA member.
Some waste areas still had standing water (pictured above on No. 18), but the clouds were beginning to subside an hour after the storm, although it appears the rain will return later. By 3 p.m., there is a 70 percent chance of thunderstorms, according to meteorologist Stewart Williams.
Looking farther down the road, there's a 70 percent chance for T-storms tomorrow, 60 percent chance when the opening round begins Thursday, and a 40 percent chance Friday and Saturday. The chances drop top 30 percent Sunday. Stone is taking it all in stride.
"It's The Ocean Course," Stone says, shrugging.