Through the Bayer Superintendent Grant Program, GCSAA, its philanthropic organization, the Environmental Institute for Golf (EIFG), and the Environmental Science Division of Bayer CropScience are sending five golf course superintendents to the 2015 Golf Industry Show in San Antonio, Feb. 21-26.
The purpose of the grant is to assist golf course superintendents with their professional development through participation in the annual event. Winners are chosen through a random drawing. The winners for 2015 include:
- Grover L. Alexander, GCSAA Class A superintendent, Hudson Hills Golf Course, Ossining, N.Y.
- Todd Canyock, GCSAA member superintendent, Foothills Golf Course, Denver, Colo.
- Curt Morgan, GCSAA Class A superintendent, McMenamins Pub Course, Troutdale, Ore.
- J. Kevin Rotti, GCSAA member superintendent, Eagle Dunes Golf Club, Sorrento, Fla.
- James D. Stanger, GCSAA Class A superintendent, Heritage Links Golf Club, Lakeville, Minn.
"Bayer Environmental Science is a great partner of GCSAA, and their dedication to the professional development of our member superintendents is testament to that," GCSAA CEO Rhett Evans said. "Congratulations to the winners and thanks to Bayer for providing this valuable opportunity.”
All five winners receive airfare, hotel accommodations for five nights, conference full-pack registration, two education seminars and $200 spending money.